BUMPDATE | 35 WEEKS

11:27 AM



doctor appointments: So here comes the big news for the week!

Last week at our appointment, our Doctor walked in and said "Congratulations! you made it to 34 weeks, which means even if you had your baby today, it would be developed enough to survive without any serious problems." We laughed and I was thinking "Yeah right, there is no way im ready to have that baby today.."

Then towards the closing of our appointment the doctor asked us if we had any concerns. I mentioned to our Doctor that I had been noticing my feet and palms being itchy at night. I had woken up a few times because of it. Landon and I thought it was just the intense blood flow that comes with pregnancy but thought we better mention it just in case. Good thing we did cause the Doctor very calmly but bluntly explained that I most likely had Choliostasis of Pregnancy, and that I would need to have a blood test taken that day and if it came back positive I would need to be induced at 37 weeks. He said it so calmly it was hard to be freaked out,  but Landon and I kind of looked at each other like.. "What? baby... 3 weeks...here?" The Doctor then explained a little bit about choliostasis and just told us that it happens alot in pregnancy because of the hormones and that my liver wasnt cleaning out my blood well enough causing there to be bile in my blood making me itch. And since the baby was in that same blood they like to get them out as soon as possible. 37 weeks being the most safe time. I felt like I just had  got shot forward in time. Here I was mentally prepared to have a baby in over a month and a half, still plently of time to get ready, and all of a sudden BAM I loose 3 weeks.

On the car ride home Landon and I couldnt decide if we were scared or excited. Of course I couldnt wait to meet baby girl, but 3 weeks?! And with it being so early?! Landon dedicated the next 3 days to intense studying up on Choliostasis and babies being born that early. Of course there are always risks, respitory problems, juandice, feeding problems, being underweight, underdeveloped of brain, or even still brith. I think our biggest concern was her being too small, we did not want a 5lb baby. My biggest fear was something going wrong and having to have a C-section. (I pray and hope I never have to have one) Landon being the numbers person he is, gave me the break down of all the percentages of risks ect, and we finally relaxed a little. After we learned enough to settle our nerves we became SUPER excited! We got to see our baby girl 3 weeks earlier! And the idea of being induced actually worked out very nice for parents and schedules.

So now back to our next appointment after this whole experience. My blood work came back positive for Choliostasis, we set our induction date with the doctor for February 13th 2017, exactly 37 weeks.  (we were happy about that, we didnt really want a valentine baby, thats our day ;))
So its officially baby is coming in 2 WEEKS now. yikes!
nursery: ITS SO CLOSE!! All I have left is putting together some shelves. I originally made some triangle shelves from left over wood from our SAVE THE DATE video, but I hand sawed it and used super glue to glue the shape. I painted it and it didnt look terrible... if you were far away. SO yeah I scratched that and had my brother in law Kevin help me make some simple shelves.


bump: It just keeps growing and growing, im so much bigger then I was but still no where near as big as everyone would expect me to be. BUT, I am finally struggling to fit into some of my clothes. Mostly they are just too short on me now.

diet/cravings: Ive always had a sweet tooth but Landon said it has picked up even more this past week. oops

movement:  She has her nights and days mixed up is swear. She only really kicks right before I go to bed (midnight)

weight: 21lbs!


You Might Also Like

0 comments